USB to serial interface

Hi All,

  There have been discussions on this BB in the past about the best USB to
serial interface units. I seem to recall that there was one reccommended
unit (not very cheap) which had the advantage of not reallocating COM port
numbers each time the PC was restarted. I think it had 4 serial ports. Can
anyone advise which this unit was

  Or alternatively recommend a good unit?

Thanks and 73s

Jim G3WGM