Info Request

 From another forum - please reply directly to:

siddhartha@siddharthajain.net

I attended a presentation by Matt Ettus, N2MJI, at the Palo Alto
Amateur Radio Association's monthly meeting about the Advanced
Communications Package. The project sounded very interesting and as I
remember, Matt said that the ACP project's goal was to send up these
amateur stations on commercial satellites in the geostationary orbit
so that it eventually, someday, gives a trans-global reach for
amateurs with portable/handheld radios. This was supposed to be an
alternative to the Eagle project.

I got talking to a friend and fellow operator who used to be very
interested in amateur satellite work and he was very interested in
knowing more about ACP.

Is there a whitepaper, wiki or some kind of documentation briefly
describing the project?

I looked at the AMSAT site and could not find much. Any pointers will
be appreciated.

73,

- Siddhartha WV6U

Clint Bradford, K6LCS / KAF3359