Re: FO-29 and Field Day?

Hi Art!

> I plan to be on VO-52 for Field Day, working the Satellite station for the
> Palomar Amateur Radio Club and using the Club Call W6NWG  Schedule was sent
> out for FO-29 It should be on for Field Day and I will try it too.
> See copy below:
><snip>

I compared those pass times from JE9PEL's e-mail (generally between
0100 and 0300 UTC on each day when it will be on), and compared it to
FO-29 passes for Arizona.  In the next few days, FO-29 would pass by
generally between 0600 and 1000 UTC and also between 1600 and
1900 UTC.  Since none of those times match up with the times in that
other e-mail, it is fair to say that - for North America, at least - FO-29 is
not available for us to use during Field Day on 28-29 June.  A shame.

I had hoped that FO-29 would be back, as that would make the Doppler
tuning with my two-radio setup a little bit easier.  Oh well... I will give
VO-52 a try this weekend as previously planned.  I'm really confident
that my planned SSB/CW satellite station (two FT-817NDs) will work
out, and it will be nice to have something in addition to FM satellites
available for demonstrations, presentations, etc. I do.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/