Re: Eagle?

Thanks JoAnne.  I'm sure it's a great team.
What's troubling is that the fullscale development effort will take a great
deal of time.  I had assumed, obviously incorrectly, that the development
process was much further along than it appears to be.  It may not be
possible to project critical dates so early in the process, but the Cubs
may show up in the World Series before this transponder is done--and I
don't mean this year!

What would be the impact on the completion date for Eagle (and the Intelsat
transponder) if this ambitious piece of work was aimed instead at the
following HEO?  If our membership had some dates there could be an informed
discussion of the options.  There has been a lot of enthusiasm for a 5.6Ghz
groundbreaking transponder, but its cost, in terms both of dollars AND
TIME, must be considered as well.  Will the development of this transponder
delay our HEO beyond what is acceptable or not?

As planned, can anything be produced ready to launch within 5 years?
What's the outlook?

73,
Tony, N2UN