Re: Spanish cubesat

First of all my thanks to RadioClub Telecomunicaciones Vigo for inviting suggestions for an Amateur Radio payload for the Spanish cubesat.

Personally I'd be keen to see a 435/145 MHz linear transponder for Amateur SSB/CW operation. Clearly the satellite power budget would present a major constraint but perhaps a 30 kHz bandwidth linear transponder running about 100 milliwatts PEP output would be feasable ?

Maybe such a transponder could make use of the Software Defined Radio (SDR) system already planned for the cubesat.

I wish you every success with whatever you decide to fly on the cubesat.

73 Trevor M5AKA