AO7 status

I have been out of the satellite game for awhile, but now am back, after
getting the 70cm antenna back up and a second radio to do full duplex with.
What is the current status of AO7?  The AMSAT page says "non-operational"
but I seem to have seen some emails recently that might suggest otherwise.
If it is operational, is it always in Mode B now?

73s John AA5JG
(ex: W5TD, NE0P)
6M WAS #1275, 6m VUCC #1260
2m VUCC #615, Satellite VUCC #129