From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Ronald Nutter
Sent: 14 June 2008 13:34
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Mode S Antenna quest

I have been experimenting with different Mode S antennas for
portable/mobile use.  My latest test was with a Luxul flat panel antenna
(http://www.wisp-router.com/wri/itemdesc.asp?ic=CPFP%2D24%2D11&eq=&Tp=).
  This one was a disappointment in this application.  I went back to the
K5GNA reflector.  The problem is that it doesnt lend itself to packing
into the Pelican 1490 briefcase that I keep my satellite demo kit in.

Has anyone tried any of the "flat panel" type of antenna with good success ?

Thanks,

Ron
KA4KYI