Re: 9 Cubesats selected for free ESA ride to space

Hi, Domenico!

Thanks for writing.

On 8 Jun 2008, at 16:34, i8cvs wrote:
> The main problem here is that the Universities are able to bypass
> both our
> national IARU member societies and our AMSAT national organizations
> and they get directly in contact with ESA

Actually, any "customer" can do that.  Remember, IARU member societies
are private ground and, generally, not regulatory authorities.  What
the member societies can do is approach their administrations when
they see problems.

One might ask many administrations, including my own, whether or not
they should review more carefully what their licensees are doing in

> "But once they have the ESA/NASA/JAXA-sponsored GENSO project
> running, they will probably even not need our help anymore, but only
> our
> frequencies !!! "

And, that, in a nutshell, is the point.  Some of the University
related operations are legitimately amateur projects.  Others, in my
opinion, are not.  Those are the ones that trouble me and others.

73, art.....
W4ART  Arlington VA

Life is short.  Be swift to love!  Make haste to be kind!
         - Henri Frederic Amiel, philosopher and writer (1821-1881)