Re: 9 Cubesats selected for free ESA ride to space

i8cvs wrote:

> But actually once the other worldwide Universities will have the
> ESA/NASA/JAXA-sponsored GENSO project running,  they will probably
> even not need our help anymore, but only our  frequencies !!!

I'm doubting it, but perhaps I'm missing something:

1. University builds satellite
2. University satellite builders are either hams themselves or are
endorsed by someone who has a ham radio license.
3. University sets up satellite to transmit within the amateur sub bands
4. University publishes downlink frequencies and allows other amateurs
to collect TLM
5. People complain

Am I missing something between 4 and 5? Are these satellites purposely
jamming other satellites? Are they going to seek out any future HEO
satellites and kamikaze the rocket when it flies by? Or are the people
complaining for the sake of complaining?

Last I checked Amateur Radio encouraged experimentation. Cubesats are a
shining example of this. I can't comprehend how anyone can complain and
consider themselves an "amateur"

--
Ben Jackson - N1WBV - New Bedford, MA
bbj <at> innismir.net - http://www.innismir.net/