Idea

In the last AMSAT Journal, Dr Shuch addressed the issue of education from the perspective of students and teachers.  I would like to add one other idea to an otherwise excellent piece, and that is 'what are the experts doing'?

I would like to propose that AMSAT or the education side of the organization, establish teaching centers where students can go for more than just Field Days. I promote an idea of a center where large antenna arrays are installed, accessible via the internet, controllable by schedules appointments, overseen by the AMSAT experts, and acting as established communications centers or ground stations to as many different flights as possible.

I'm talking with M2 and ISIS about antennas and such, but wonder what comments and ideas the group would have about the idea. Any other ideas to address the need for new members, new interest, and involved kids?

Dave
=====
http://sciencecenter.no-ip.org
SID ID: S-0258