Re: DO-64 heard over VK

Way back about AO-27 I began to lose track of OSCAR numbers.

While I applaud and encourage the assignment of OSCAR numbers, I
think that retaining the name also should not be overlooked as a
means to be user friendly to casual users who may not follow all
the details every day.

On RAFT and ANDE, We asked that our satellites be listed in
AMSAT as RAFT(NO60) and ANDE(NO61) because even we could not
remember the NO numbers (getting old I guess).  SO this is just
a reminder to spacecraft owners that there is no requirement
that they have to give up their original satellite name just
because they got an OSCAR number.

Consider keeping the name and putting the OSCAR number in
parenthesis?
Just an idea...

Bob, WB4APR