Possible SWR problems with 70cm antenna

I'm having some problems with a homebrew lineasrly polarized "cheap yagi" for 70cm. I don't have any success hearing myself on VO-52 or AO-7. This antenna used to work reasonably well for both.  The way the power out meter on my radio acts, it leads me to believe I may have an SWR issue. Unfortunately I don't own or have access to an SWR meter or anylyzer capable of working at 70Cm.
I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here and ask the bb because I sure don't know. Would it be possible to put my 2 meter SWR meter in the 70cm line and at least get a ballpark figure of SWR? Or would the reading be so far off, it would be useless?
I'm not intending to try and tune the antenna in this manner, I just want to get some indication as to if SWR is indeed the problem.
 I must confess I don't know what the frequency range determining elements of an SWR bridge are. I must have missed that at some point or the other.
Any other ways to determine if I have an SWR problem without a meter? It's just not in the budget to buy one right now.
 Any suggestions are appreciated.
Tnx and 73,
Michael, W4HIJ