Re: Kenwood THD7AG availability

Joe,

>From something posted on the APRS BB:

Friday morning, I talked with a Kenwood guy about the HT.  It
seems the problem, as with so many rigs, is that parts are drying up,
necessitating a new design.  In the case of the D-7, it is a tiny
transistor.  They have enough for repair, but not enough to continue
production beyond what is in the pipeline.  There is a replacement, 8-12
months at best, and not officially approved for production.

I will add that the sales have ticked up recently, so the chances are good
For a replacement to be approved.

Usual caveats about rumors, even ones from Kenwood USA reps.

Alan
WA4SCA