Re: Yubileiny downlink spectrum overlaps AO-51 downlink

In a message dated 02/06/2008 16:25:21 GMT Standard Time, oz1my@privat.dk
writes:

Hi  all,
Please this is just a technical matter :-)

Here this afternoon  with Yubileiny AOS at 1430 UTC and
AO-51 with AOS at 1441 UTC in  Copenhagen, the downlink
spectrum of Yubileiny was strong when listening  to
the AO-51 frequency.

Hello Ib.

Oh dear, no frequency co-ordination!

A week or so ago I looked at the transmission from Yubileiny and it was
almost constant amplitude over a 4800Hz bandwidth slowly reducing beyond  that.

If you allow for the practical width of our IF filters and the fact doppler
can shift the frequencies by +/- 10kHz, at 435MHz, then Yubileiny and AO-51
will  encounter each other from time to time.

Thankfully the orbits are very different so it's a minor (but avoidable)
inconvenience.

Thanks

David