Re: Test Gear for 1.2/2.4Ghz Equipment

Hey John!

For monitoring 1.2GHz transmissions (power out, SWR) I can highly recommend the Diamond SX-1000.  It's a nice meter for the price.  Look it up online; one of the many nice features is 2 radio inputs and the ability to switch between them.

For a 2.4G signal source--search for the board designed by G0MRF.  It's a nice signal generator to make sure the 2.4GHz receiving system is working.   I bought one of these a while ago and have appreciated having it handy many times.

Hope that info helps!  Glad to see you moving towards L and S band ops :)

73,

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]