Timely reminder--AMSAT BOD nominations

Given the current "lively" discussions about AMSAT-NA (and its future)...please refer to the following:

>From our front page (and the Journal!): http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/index.php

I've mailed my nominations in---HAVE YOU??

73,

Mark N8MH

_______________

AMSAT BoD Nominations

Nominations are open for the AMSAT-NA Board of Directors (BoD).
The nominations must be in writing and received at the AMSAT office by end of business June 15, 2008.

AMSAT-NA member societies or five current individual members may make nominations of fellow members to serve a 2-year term. Three of the seven seats must be filled this year. The board members whose terms are expiring are:

Tom Clark, K3IO
Lou McFadin, W5DID
Bob McGwier, N4HY

Prospective AMSAT-NA BOD members generally attend two meetings each year, usually during the first and third quarters of the year. Attendance at the meetings is mandatory. Travel expenses for BOD meetings are paid for by AMSAT-NA.

Nominations must be in writing and mailed to:

AMSAT-NA
Board of Director Nomination
850 Sligo Ave #600
Silver Spring, MD 20910

The nominations with descriptive information about each candidate will be mailed out July 15, 2008. Ballots must be received in Silver Spring,MD by September 15, 2008.
Only active members as of July 24, 2008 are eligible to vote.