Re: JUBILEE and other frustrations

At 09:32 AM 5/30/2008, Michael Tondee wrote:

>young people to the hobby. What better way to do that than to help college
>students out with a cubesat project? Should the prescense of a transponder
>be a prerequisite for our knowledge and resources? Why does there
>automatically have to be something in it for "us"?

And if we want a transponder (linear, FM or whatever) on the bird,
why not offer one for the students to integrate in, as others have
suggested?  They may take it up, they may decide they can't afford
the space or power budget or time and not take up the offer, but at
least we've lowered the barrier to getting a transponder for general
amateur use on board.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com