Re: JUBILEE and other frustrations

-----Original Message-----
>From: "Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR]" <kenneth.g.ransom@nasa.gov>
>
>Seems that IF only a transmitter was included then you must not have
>taken enough interest in seeing that more was included. Next time, you
>should be willing to step up and ensure that a transceiver operation is
>include. Try addressing the issue before the satellite leaves the launch
>pad. If you still have no results, then you have a platform to complain
>from.
>
>I'm also a bit concerned regarding the comment about "our frequencies".
>Most of these satellites appear to be operating in the UHF spectrum
>which amateur radio is not the primary or only group with allocations.
>
>Kenneth - N5VHO

Well said Ken! Grumping about after the fact serves no useful purpose, and some of the comments I've seen seem very selfish and "me first". While it would be nice to have an open two-way package on RS-30, the designers and builders of that satellite in reality owe us nothing.

Perhaps an interested group could offer to build or sponsor a transponder on the _next_ launch to that orbit?

73, Drew KO4MA