Re: JUBILEE and other frustrations

 >>SNIP

> > Honestly, if somebody has put a 45 kg amateur satellite into a 1,500 km
>plus orbit and has NOT included a
> > transponder,

<<SNIP

There seems to be a proliferation of satellites using the Amateur
bands as cheap down link frequencies,  and using Radio Amateurs as a
cheap way of collecting their data. It is MY personal belief that a
satellite should only use our hard-earned and much coveted
frequencies if they REALLY do carry an Amateur Radio payload... I.E.
a Transponder! , or, at the end of their commercial life, should be
put to real amateur use, I.E. a Transponder, promised several times
but not often delivered.

OK there are many out there who get satisfaction from getting signals
from anything that is orbiting, to them, I raise my hat
BUT.. if it is in an amateur band, it should be a REAL amateur satellite.

This is my view, and I stand here to be shot down.....