Re: IT

At 01:37 PM 5/27/2008, Ronald A. Stunden wrote:
>Seems to me there was a patch for 1.5 etc for the map operation with
>Win XP but I can't find it . Anyone know where to find it?? Thanks  Ron

Hi Ron,

On my WinXP system, the default DOS properties had memory set to
to 512K. This leads to ridiculus error messages like
"insufficient memory" to run the IT map when the system has 1 gigabyte!

To fix this, left-click your DOS Wizard icon and select the "memory"
tab. Set eveything to AUTO and set "protected" and "HMA" and you should
be all set. This set of options is perfectly fine for just about
any DOS application. I suspect MS set the options this way just to make
it a pain in the neck to run DOS programs as all the previous versions
of windows that I have seen defaulted to AUTO.

73,
Tony AA2TX