From: "Greg D." <ko6th_greg@hotmail.com>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 8:23 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] DirecWav satellite internet useful?

Hi folks,

My neighbor appears to be tossing their Hughes "DirecWav" satellite internet
dish and associated dish-mounted electronics.  By any stroke of luck, is
this stuff reasonably convertable for use with any of the the proposed P3E
up or downlinks?  I have no idea what frequency it runs.  It appears to have
both transmit and receive capabilities (based on the warnings posted).
There are no model numbers that I can find on the electronics.

I've got my AO-40 S-band receive setup, but nothing for the higher bands.

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH