Re: 145 MHz IF on V/s?

On 18 May 2008 at 17:56, K & R Yoksh wrote:

> Hi all,
> Thanks for the replies, however, I've still not had my question answered, so
> I'll ask again.
> I'd like to hear from anyone using a 145 MHz IF when working mode V/s. Do
> you experience
> desense when operating V/s, but not other uplink modes?
> I'm planning to use my AIDC 3731 with 145 MHz IF when I install my dish this
> summer. I really want to use it for HEO operation, but it'd be a bonus if I
> could also work the LEOs.
> I could go with a 123 MHz IF unit if that'd work better.
I am using this configuration since AO-40 era i cannot remember when i was using an 145 IF if i was getting some desense but i think not as
i was using to individual radio. The main reason why i keep the 123 IF is due to the Yeasu FT-847 who cannot transmit at 123MHZ. This save
my AIDC downconverter from any accidental TX in it.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE