Re: AOP-1 Circular Polarization?

Assuming the antennas you reference do produce circular polarization,
radiation wise, it doesn't matter whether you mount them in an X or +
orientation. The only difference would be the phase of the radiation, and
you are not concerned with that. There could also be a difference between
right- or left-circular polarization, but whether that matters depends on
the polarization the the satellite's antenna. But X or + does not change
that.

There might be some mechanical reason for an X or +, such as weather
proofing, but not signal wise.

Ron W5RKN