Mode S Antenna question

I have been using a 2.4 ghz Vagi antenna for my Mode S antenna the past
few days.  I am seeing quite a bit of signal droppout as AO-51 does a
little rotating.  With a circular polarized antenna do any better ?  I
have found a source for a 2.4ghz 10 db RHCP antenna and thought about
trying that.  I know I cant get it before AO-51 goes back to V/U mode
but thought I could try that next time.  The antenna I found has about a
50 degree pattern so I should get decent coverage since I have it
pointed at a fixed elevation because I dont have an az/el rotor.

Ron
KA4KYI