Re: "Birdies" from Linksys Wireless router

On May 7, 2008, at 5:49 AM, jeff wrote:

> L/S no problem. I still run wire to my main computer and also
> downstairs in
> my house as it is much faster than the Wireless G. How much faster?
> According to Speakeasy speed test, wired 28212/2696 kbps, best rf (6
> feet
> away)10094/2646 kbps. BitTorrent notices a big difference!

What kind of residential service is that from?  Only a very limited
few regions in the US have deployed cable modem systems that will go
that fast, and/or you're on something like Verizon FIOS (fiber
optic).  Nothing in the ADSL "realm" even comes close to those numbers.

Otherwise, I'd say the number is inaccurate... or the result of
something being cached.   Being that you're a 2-lander, you might be
one of the lucky few, though...

Try www.speedtest.net also, it's a little "smarter" than Speakeasy's
tester, but does require a Flash-capable web browser.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate@natetech.com