Re: "Birdies" from Linksys Wireless router

>  If they ever get around to using it, there is also a nice birdie on 145.870!
>  My solution is to use ferrites on both the power and Ethernet cables from
>  the router, and also use the mast mounted preamp.  That is far enough away
>  that the downlink swamps the birdie.  Since most of the noise goes away when
>  you unplug the Ethernet cable to the desktop, I have been considering
>  switching that to RF as well, as I have an unused PCI card handy.

Another option beyond the ferrites may be to try a different power supply
or AC adapter.  Most of these routers are now using a small switching
power supply, which are lighter and smaller than a traditional
transformer-based wall-wart adapter would be for the same
voltage/current requirement.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/