Getting RASCAL into SYNC

Hi,

Thanks for the tip on this bb to use something like Spectran to tune the radio so that the strongest part of the signal is on 1600 Hz.

Here is an useful observation - constant manual frequency adjustments of the radio seem to defeat the Costas Loop ? and prevent the software from locking onto the signal. Get close to 1600 then wait a few seconds to allow the software to do its job.

Lost sync a few times due to deep QSB but got 172 packets on the afternoon pass at IO92IO. I am sure this is by no means a record but its a lot better than I have managerd so far.

Hope this helps.

73 John G7HIA