From: amsat-bb-bounces@AMSAT.Org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Bruce Robertson
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:05 AM
To: Viktor Kudielka
Cc: AMSAT
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: DELFI decoded

It is possible to tune for RASCAL by ear. I use the following steps:
1. Tune to find the frequency with the greatest s-meter reading
2. Listen to the tone part of the signal, not the raspy part, and aim
for a note much higher than a regular CW signal.
3. When the green sync light goes on in RASCAL, fine-tune to centre
the signal at 1600 Hz.

Does anyone know how narrow a SSB filter I can apply to this signal? I
have a TS-2000, which is quite adjustable. For now I'm using it wide
open. I know the centre signal is 1600 Hz, which is quite high. How
high/low do the sidebands go?