Re: SEEDS,Cute-1.7+APDII and COMPASS-1 over West Malaysia

On 5 May 2008 at 12:30, Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> Pass report for SEEDS, Cute-1.7+APDII and COMPASS-1 over West Malaysia
>

> Time: 1054 Local or 0254 UTC
>
> Max Elevation: 55 degrees
>
> Satellites: Cute-1.7+APDII & COMPASS-1
>

> http://www.9w2qc.net/amsatbb/cute05may1054.mp3
>

> After 3 minutes, QSYed to SEEDS which was in digitalker mode.  Below is the
> best SSTV picture from SEEDS.  Can anyone explain why the image is still
> noisy despite a full quieting 59+10db signal (with preamp on)?

The problem came from the background waves pattern as it was coming from an unregulated voltage or something is added in the signal from
the original recording?  I checked this week end on HF some SSTV transmissions HF and theses waves pattern where not present.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
WAC BASIC CW PHONE SATELLITE