Time: 1035 Local or 0235 UTC

Date: 04 May 2008

Max Elevation: 76 degrees

Tracking: Object E

The first half of the pass was used to track Delfi-C3 with 180 packet frames
decoded.  Just after TCA, Delfi-C3 stopped TX suddenly and appeared briefly
again shortly.  Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

After that it was no longer heard even on 145.870 MHz +/- so I QSYed to
SEEDS.  To my surprise, SEEDS was in Digitalker mode.  Also manage to decode
3 SSTV pictures (they are the same).   Below are some interesting
screenshot, images and recordings.

RASCAL decoding Delfi-C3 telemetry ->
http://www.9w2qc.net/amsatbb/delfi04may1035.JPG

RAW Delfi-C3 frames -> http://www.9w2qc.net/amsatbb/delfi04may1035.txt

SEEDS SSTV #1 -> http://www.9w2qc.net/amsatbb/seed04may1035-1.jpg

SEEDS SSTV #2 -> http://www.9w2qc.net/amsatbb/seed04may1035-2.jpg

SEEDS SSTV #3 -> http://www.9w2qc.net/amsatbb/seed04may1035-3.jpg

For those who like to hear how Delfi-C3 sounded,
http://www.9w2qc.net/amsatbb/delfi04may1035.mp3

I understand that SEEDS's digitalker contains a secret message that has to
be copied for those intending to collect their special QSL card.  Therefore
I will not publish the full recording but only a fraction of it. This is
just the English ID portion.
http://www.9w2qc.net/amsatbb/seeds04may1035.mp3  If the command team will
like a full recording, I am more then pleased to provide one.

It is truly amazing how well 0.485 Watts signals of SEEDS on 70 CM
travelling some 1500 KM is picked up on earth.

Equipment used:

Rig: IC-910H

Antenna: 2M - 2x10 element Hor Yagi & 70CM - 2x15 Hor Yagi

Preamp: SSB SP-2000 & SSB SP-7000

73,

Sion Chow Q. C.,

9W2QC.