Computer Controll for old Yaesu Rotators

All,

I have an old Yaesu G-500A elevation rotator mated to a Yaesu G-800SDX
and would like to use computer controll for both. They each have their
own controller, but they do not have buit-in computer controll boards.

Idiom ( http://www.idiompress.com/rotorcard.html ) makes a board for the
G-800SDX, but I can't find anything for the G-500A.

What would be the best inteface / boads to use with this set-up? The
Yaesu GS-232 interface is a bit pricy and was wondering about an
alternative. I use NOVA software for tracking.

Thanks,

Tony -K2MO