Re: AO-16 Silent

Hello Allen---thank you for the report!  I will look into it as soon as possible, which may be early AM on Saturday May 3rd.  It is possible that the increasing eclipse period is still too much for the current power level of the transmitter.

I will copy amsat-bb on this reply so others are aware of your observation.

Thank you for the timely report.

73,

Mark N8MH

At 06:18 AM 5/2/2008 -0500, you wrote:
>Mark:
>
>Nothing heard from AO-16 this morning (02-May-08, 1103utc) on a 70 deg max elev pass.   I did work the 01-May-08 pass at 2250utc and the bird sounded fine.  No posts for AO-16 on Dave Carr;s web page since 1600utc 01-May-08.
>
>73
>Allen N5AFV

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]