Re: Cute-1.7+APDII over West Malaysia

Hi Sion,

You have a much better (audio) signal as I get here in Europe:

It sounds very, well, wobbely ? (new word, just invented by me :-))
You recording is much more normal. I used std CW mode, what did you use ?

The other satellite is most likely COMPASS, which is on the same frequency.
I hear it during the same pass few Khz lower, but that can be due to doppler differences.
COMPASS has here 'normal' CW sounding.

I did submit this report also to the Cute 1.7 team, but havent heared back from them yet.

Henk, PA3GUO

Dear All,

Here is an MP3 recording of Cute-1.7+APDII over West Malaysia.  Satellite
was tracked using Object - J and maximum elevation was 10 degree.  Time was
2132 Local or 1332 UTC.

The MP3 recording is unedited as I am copying this remotely via
VNC/Teamspeak.  I think I heard another satellite transmitting towards the
end of the pass on top of Cute-1.7 + APDII.

Sion Chow Q. C.,