AMSAT goes to the races -- photos

This past weekend, W2GPS, WA4SXM and I attended the premier of AMSAT.ORG
in Grand-Am Racing at the Virginia International Raceway (VIR). As
reported earlier, Jim Jaeger (K8RQ) arranged for the AMSAT logo to
appear prominently on the yellow Doran Racing Kodak #77 Dallara/Ford car
driven by Brad Jaeger (Jim's son) and Memo Gidley. The Doran Racing web
site has a gallery of photos featuring their #77 Kodak & #47 BSi cars
available for viewing at http://www.doranracing.com/08_vir/photo.htm.

The VIR race can be seen this coming Saturday on the cable SPEED CHANNEL
from noon to 3PM EDT (16:00-19:00 UTC).

AMSAT's logo will again be flying this coming weekend at the Laguna Seca
track in California (see
http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/schedule/event.cfm?eid=10).

Rick and I have HUNDREDS of additional photos of the AMSAT car in action
which we will post soon for your enjoyment. You will be able to see (a
large photo of) the car in the AMSAT booth at Dayton.

73, Tom