Re: Delfi C3 first orbit

On Apr 27, 2008, at 12:21 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2008, at 2:24 AM, Wouter Jan Ubbels wrote:
>
>> Indeed, Delfi-C3 will first exit eclipse over the US at 0501 UTC and
>> this is
>

> I am in the San Francisco, CA Bay Area. I have a Mac, and am not yet
> able to use RASCAL, but I can make a recording of the pass starting at
> 0455 UTC tonight. I would very much like to contribute.

Me too!

1. Bay Area: check!
2. Mac: check!
3. Recording: check!

I got RASCAL working on one of my Linux boxes, but not the Mac.  My
idea is that I am going to record the pass using my Macbook, and then
play it back later and see if I can get it to decode with RASCAL.

Using my FT-817 and a simple Doppler correcting control script that
I wrote using my Python satellite library, I hope that the TLE's
they have will be good enough to find the signal.  I'll post here if
I succeed.  Best wishes to all the cubesat developers for a good
launch!

	Mark (KF6KYI)