Re: add keps

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com> wrote:

>  >
>  >Any one knows how to add keps in satpc32 ?
>
>  Sure, very easy Pedro, just look at the instructions, the format is
>  described very well....

I think Pedro might be referring to adding keps to an existing keps
file by manually pasting from the clipboard. Downloading and updating
a keps file is well described in the SatPC32 manual, but I always have
to dig around to find the actual files to manipulate with a text
editor.

Here's what I do:

1. Under the 'Satellites' menu, select and recently update a text file.

2. Go to  the SatPC32/Kepler directory to find the text file by the
same name as the one you selected in step 1.

3. Open that file with a text editor such as notepad and carefully
append the new Keps. Save this file.

4. Restart SatPC32.

For new satellites, you might want to include a new line in
SatPC32/DOPPLER.SQF to make use of doppler tuning.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP