Re: TVI problem

At 04:14 PM 4/21/2008, w0dxz@aol.com wrote:
>I have a TVI problem that may curtail my? ham operation... I run 5
>watts on 145.920,? FM,? to a beam 5 feet above my roof.
>my next door neighbor says I am getting into their TV,,, they have cable...

Very common problem.  You didn't give us many details, so I'm gonna
guess this is the old channel 18 problem.

You also didn't say whether the neighbor tunes to this channel using
the TV or a cable box or what.

Cable TV channel 18 is at 145.25 MHz.  Loose connections in the cable
system (probably on or in your neighbor's house) are the most likely
cause.  The technical name of this problem is "cable ingress".

Cable company near me used to have disney channel on 18, and ingress
from ham signals caused lots of complaints.  They changed the lineup
to put something less widely viewed on 18 to fix the problem.

Call the cable TV company and ask for help with a cable ingress
problem.  Its their problem.