Re: Any feedback on Mirage KP1-440 Preamp?

On 17 Apr 2008 at 23:13, Mike Ryan wrote:

Hello all,

Zapped my ARR RX only preamp for the second time out of stupidity. Time for a switched model. Cant afford the $200+ amps from SSB and such.
The Mirage seems attractive. Can anyone share their experiences with this model or suggest a differnt affordable preamp? I looked at the
ARR switched models already. The high powerd mast mount is too much $$ and the low power one only handles 25 watts. I could easily smoke
that one out of stupidity as well (my rig can do 50 watts).

Mike WB1AAT

I beat you with 3 now and one to go. I will make separate RX connector on my FT-847 (Just get parts in a recent Hamfest) as per the already
available mods. No more preamp use until theses mods.

The last event a hand mike fell on a CW key...Its fun to see how things can turn bad so quickly! The next steps transistors change-over in
this micro tiny container so many hours of pleasure to come...:)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
WAC BASIC CW PHONE SATELLITE