Any feedback on Mirage KP1-440 Preamp?

Hello all,

Zapped my ARR RX only preamp for the second time out of stupidity. Time for a switched model. Cant afford the $200+ amps from SSB and such. The Mirage seems attractive. Can anyone share their experiences with this model or suggest a differnt affordable preamp? I looked at the ARR switched models already. The high powerd mast mount is too much $$ and the low power one only handles 25 watts. I could easily smoke that one out of stupidity as well (my rig can do 50 watts).

Mike WB1AAT