Re: recording software

Nick Pugh wrote:
> Hi AMSATERS I have ask the list before but have not gotten a good
> response. I am
looking for shareware program that will record audio based on time that
you enter. Skypipe comes close but it only let's you put one record time.

Audacity is a nice piece of free software (which is not to be confused
with shareware, but that's a different topic).  It's a pretty full
featured audio recorder.  It's ported to Mac/Windows as well as
Linux/Unix so it probably runs on your favorite OS.

Starting in version 1.3 it has a timed recording feature that might get
your started:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/features-1.3-k.php

Audacity can also be programmed from a shell script or controlled from
another small program if you are looking to do some sort of
sophisticated timed recording, like record every AO-51 pass over my
location.

jeff
AD6EO