AO-51 Mode S Antenna question

I have one of the K5GNA modified downconverters with the corner
reflector attached.  Since starting to set my satellite station back up,
this is one area that I hadnt addressed.  I have my antennas mounted to
a Channel Master rotor on a commercial TV tripod.  The antennas are
angled at about 25 degrees because of some ground clutter, trees, etc
that I have to shoot over to get to the satellites.

With this setup, can I mount the Mode S downcoverter and have a
reasonable chance at getting it to work or should I look at some type of
patch antenna to get better signal picket ?  Is mode S a little less
unforgiving so that I have to have it more directed at the satellite
than I can get away with on my current VHF/UHF antenna setup ?

Thanks,

Ron
KA4KYI