Re: Best HT's for sats?

> A lot of folks seem to like the Kenwood TH-D7A, but
> the price tag is quite high for a radio that is "very
> delicate," "extremely difficult to program," and "poor
> battery life".

I donno. I've drop kicked mine a number of times.  It is trivial
to program either with the TEXT menus, and full 4-way joy stick,
or the PC program.  Poor battery life only if you have evrything
running to the max:

1) Both internal radios on
2) Internal TNC on
3) Battery saver off
4) Transmitting APRS beacons evey minute at high power

But then that's why most people bought the radio to do all those
things..