Re: relative noise figure meter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tyler Harpster" <tyler881@comcast.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 4:39 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] relative noise figure meter

> Since I didn't pick the correct numbers for last week's big Mega Millions
> drawing, I am again looking for cheap equipment.
>
> I remember seeing a home brew "relative" noise figure meter somewhere.  It
> would not give you an absolute noise figure number, but it would move a
> needle one way or another to show how your tweaks are affecting the noise
> figure of the device under test.
>
> Does anyone know what this is or where I can find a link to it?
>
> Thanks,
> Tyler
> KM3G

Hi Tyler, KM3G

Here is the description of a serious and simple Noise Figure Meter that you
can build with easy

http://gref.cfn.ist.utl.pt/cupido/noisefm.pdf

And here is the schematic diagram

http://gref.cfn.ist.utl.pt/cupido/nf_sch.gif

I use this Automatic Noise Figure setup with success.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico