Best HT's for sats?

I've made many sat contacts with my VX-2R but am
thinking about upgrading to something with 5 watts
output.  I used a borrowed IC-W32A and Swan Island and
it worked fine, although I could not hear my downlink
in full duplex mode, too much desensing.  Not sure
full duplex is even worth the extra money, as it seems
that most duplex HTs have a similar desensing problem.

I was thinking about trading in the VX-2R for an FT-60
or a VX-6R, any comments on these or other
sat-friendly HTs?

73, Bill NZ5N