antenna opinion?

I am going to put up a simple satellite antenna system. Simple means, that  I
won't be able to control the polarization, I am going to use linear 144-432
beams.  I will be able to rotate AZ of course, AND elevation.
Question is,,, how big of beams  (how much gain) do I need for  each band. I
don't want the pattern to be so tight I am constantly changing  the rotor,,,
would something like 8 ele on 2 and  16 el on 432 do the job?  I can use a
pre-amp on receive   (separate coax lines)  Any  recommendations for antennas? I
just don't want to go through polarization  switching.
And,,, would it be any benefit to turn the beams somewhere between
horizontal and vertical,,, at a 45 degree angle, for polarization? Or is that a  waste
of time, or would it make things worse.
Bob W0DXZ  DM-33 AZ