Re: ARR pre amp Query

At 12:29 PM 4/2/2008, Nate Duehr wrote:

>On Mar 31, 2008, at 2:11 PM, John W Lee wrote:
> >
> > I have an FT-847 with the good internal preamps.
> > The  ARR  SP432VDG even makes this setup BETTER!
> > I use both the internal and SP-432VDG.  Signals are
> > mostly VERY good.   Also use a 20 element beam on the downlink.
>
>For those interested, there was a nice discussion of how to calculate
>the noise figure of cascaded pre-amps on the Repeater-Builder mailing
>list about two weeks ago.
>
>The postings should be pretty easy to find in the RB list's archives
>at YahooGroups.
>
>If you're not interested in Repeaters, you can always join a
>YahooGroup (if the list is on YahooGroups) and set your preferences to
>"no e-mail", so you can read list archives, look in the Files area, etc.
>
>--
>Nate Duehr, WY0X
>nate@natetech.com

OR...you can click on this link to my website for a spreadsheet that
calculates noise figure, noise temperature, and MDS for three
cascaded stages.  The  whole spreadsheet which will calculate eme
path-link performance for two stations.  But the first section deals
with calculating noise figure.

http://www.kl7uw.com/emelink.xls

73, Ed - KL7UW              BP40iq, 6m - 3cm
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xp20, 185w
http://www.kl7uw.com    AK VHF-Up Group
NA Rep. for DUBUS: dubususa@hotmail.com