Re: ARR pre amp Query

On Mar 31, 2008, at 2:11 PM, John W Lee wrote:

> I have an FT-847 with the good internal preamps.
> The  ARR  SP432VDG even makes this setup BETTER!
> I use both the internal and SP-432VDG.  Signals are
> mostly VERY good.   Also use a 20 element beam on the downlink.

For those interested, there was a nice discussion of how to calculate
the noise figure of cascaded pre-amps on the Repeater-Builder mailing
list about two weeks ago.

The postings should be pretty easy to find in the RB list's archives
at YahooGroups.

If you're not interested in Repeaters, you can always join a
YahooGroup (if the list is on YahooGroups) and set your preferences to
"no e-mail", so you can read list archives, look in the Files area, etc.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate@natetech.com