Re: ARR pre amp Query

I have an FT-847 with the good internal preamps.
The  ARR  SP432VDG even makes this setup BETTER!
I use both the internal and SP-432VDG.  Signals are
mostly VERY good.   Also use a 20 element beam on the downlink.

When I say VERY good, I mean  over S9 a lot of the time and all
over the place between zero and 60 over 9.   That way, you don't have to
be so careful in aiming the antenna, and you can hear the birds basically
100% of the time.

If the signal goes down a few S-units you can move the antenna and get it

back up again.   Without all that, when it goes down a few S-units, it's
GONE!

Regarding the power cable, I have been using two of these preamps for
years
and years with a small cable attached and no problems.

73
John K6YK