Re: Preamp for a Mobile Application

Guys,

Well,  Those  SP432VDG's  work REAL GOOD for
mobile operation.  My mobile has a quarter wave whip
(6.5 inches long) for receiving on  UHF.   Those low-noise
preamps DO help a lot. And if you like to use a small beam to
receive with, then the preamp will help that, too.  I mean you
get a LOUD signal that you can actually copy thru the whole
pass  instead of "in and out" and lots of "no copy" time.  And
of course the noise level is still zero or near it.

This is not just an opinion, this is tried and true. I have logged
thousands of contacts on the FM birds while mobile and portable
with pretty minimal rigs.

73,
John K6YK