2401/144 down conveter and antenna questions

Hello all. I found a 2401/144 down converter on the internet but when it
came in the mail there was no info with it. It is a TranSystem Model
AIDC-3733 and I think it came from K5GNA.
I removed one cover (antenna on left/144 IF facing me) and found a wire with
one end not connected. I realize it needs some DC volts to operate but how
much and where it needs to be brought in. Does any one  have any info to
help me out?

On the internet there a few helix antenna designs for 2401. I found a piece
of 1" PVC and some AL. ground wire. I wrapped the wire around the PVC and
came up with the 4cm dia. the article talked about. But, in another article
(435 Mhz) it was mentioned the PVC was very lossy. What do you think??

Thanks for any help!!

Tim  N5KI  EM65